Total payments industry deals for July 2019 worth $1.72bn were announced globally, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the code below into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 25.6% over the previous month and a drop of 73.5% when compared with the last 12-month average of $6.48bn.
In terms of number of deals, the sector saw a rise of 64.5% over the last 12-month average with 51 deals against the average of 31 deals.
In value terms, Asia-Pacific led the activity with deals worth $480.17m.
Payments industry deals in July 2019: Top deals
The top five payments deals accounted for 69.4% of the overall value during July 2019.
The combined value of the top five payments deals stood at $1.2bn, against the overall value of $1.72bn recorded for the month.
The top five payments industry deals of July 2019 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Dragoneer Investment Group, DST Global, Ribbit Capital, Sequoia Capital Operations, TCMI, Tencent Holdings and Thrive Capital’s $400m venture financing of NU Pagamentos
2) The $300m private equity deal with Vietnam Payment Solution by GIC and SoftBank Vision Fund
3) Ally Financial’s $190m acquisition of Health Credit Services
4) The $170m venture financing of N26 Bank by Allianz X, Earlybird Venture Capital GmbH & Co, GIC, Greyhound Capital Europe, Insight Venture Partners, Tencent Holdings and Valar Ventures Management
5) PayU Argentina, DN Capital (UK), Generation Investment Management, Owl Rock Capital Partners, Princeville Global, Prudential Financial, Schroder & Co Bank, Stripes Group and Top Tier Capital Partners’ venture financing of Remitly for $135m.
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.