Total payments industry deals for November 2019 worth $2.76bn were announced globally, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the code below into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 513.5% over the previous month and a drop of 59.8% when compared with the last 12-month average of $6.88bn.
In terms of number of deals, the sector saw a drop of 5.3% over the last 12-month average with 36 deals against the average of 38 deals.
In value terms, Asia-Pacific led the activity with deals worth $1.39bn.
Payments industry deals in November 2019: Top deals
The top five payments deals accounted for 76.6% of the overall value during November 2019.
The combined value of the top five payments deals stood at $2.12bn, against the overall value of $2.76bn recorded for the month.
The top five payments industry deals of November 2019 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Ant Financial Services Group, D1 Capital Partners, Discovery Capital Management, SoftBank Vision Fund and T. Rowe Price Associates’ $1bn venture financing of One97 Communications
2) The $452.66m acquisition of Ebury Partners by Banco Santander
3) EML Payments’ $358.84m acquisition of Prepaid Financial Services
4) The $155m acquisition of Accent by HMS
5) Latin America innovation fund and Tencent Holdings’ venture financing of Bancar Tecnologia SAU for $150m.
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.