Total payments industry deals for October 2019 worth $458.62m were announced globally, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the code below into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 13.5% over the previous month and a drop of 93.4% when compared with the last 12-month average of $6.91bn.
In terms of number of deals, the sector saw a drop of 13.2% over the last 12-month average with 33 deals against the average of 38 deals.
In value terms, North America led the activity with deals worth $252m.
Payments industry deals in October 2019: Top deals
The top five payments deals accounted for 74.6% of the overall value during October 2019.
The combined value of the top five payments deals stood at $342m, against the overall value of $458.62m recorded for the month.
The top five payments industry deals of October 2019 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Coatue Management, Entree Capital, General Catalyst Partners, Oak HC/FT Partners, Stripes Group, Target Global and Tiger Global Management’s $100m venture financing of CashDash
2) The $77m venture financing of Galileo Financial Technologies by Accel and Ryan Smith
3) Companion Fund, FJ Labs, Struck Capital and TTV Capital’s $65m venture financing of Scratch Financial
4) The $60m acquisition of APS Payments by Repay Holdings
5) Mastercard’s venture financing of FS Card for $40m.
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.