Total payments industry deals for Q3 2019 worth $8.11bn were announced globally, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the code below into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 67.8% over the previous quarter and a drop of 58.3% when compared with the last four-quarter average of $19.46bn.
In terms of number of deals, the sector saw a rise of 33.7% over the last four-quarter average with 131 deals against the average of 98 deals.
In value terms, Europe led the activity with deals worth $5.93bn.
Payments industry deals in Q3 2019: Top deals
The top five payments deals accounted for 72.5% of the overall value during Q3 2019.
The combined value of the top five payments deals stood at $5.88bn, against the overall value of $8.11bn recorded for the month.
The top five payments industry deals of Q3 2019 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Mastercard’s $3.18bn asset transaction with Nets
2) The $1.17bn acquisition of equensWorldline by Worldline
3) KKR &Inc’s $666.27m private equity deal with Heidelpay
4) The $460m private equity deal with Klarna Bank by BlackRock, Commonwealth Bank of Australia, Dragoneer Investment Group, Forsta AP-fonden, HMI Capital, IPGL, IVP LuxCo and Merian Chrysalis InvestmentLimited
5) Dragoneer Investment Group, DST Global, Ribbit Capital, Sequoia Capital Operations, TCMI, Tencent Holdings and Thrive Capital’s venture financing of NU Pagamentos for $400m.
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.