Total payments industry deals for September 2019 worth $404.14m were announced globally, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the code below into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 91.6% over the previous month and a drop of 94.3% when compared with the last 12-month average of $7.03bn.
In terms of number of deals, the sector saw a drop of 16.2% over the last 12-month average with 31 deals against the average of 37 deals.
In value terms, North America led the activity with deals worth $332.5m.
Payments industry deals in September 2019: Top deals
The top five payments deals accounted for 92.8% of the overall value during September 2019.
The combined value of the top five payments deals stood at $375.19m, against the overall value of $404.14m recorded for the month.
The top five payments industry deals of September 2019 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Invus Opportunities, LL Funds, Oaktree Capital Management and QED Investors’ $200m venture financing of Mission Lane
2) The $76m venture financing of Tipalti Solutions by 01 Advisors 01, Greenspring Associates (UK), Group 11 and Zeev Ventures
3) Bregal Milestone, First Fellow and Pekka Rantala’s $45.39m private equity deal with ePassi Payments
4) The $34.3m private equity deal with PayBright by goeasy
5) F-Prime Capital Partners, Greycroft Partners, Polaris Partners and Silicon Valley Bank’s venture financing of Recurly for $19.5m.
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.