Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) e-commerce platform BigCommerce has rolled out a new integration with Adyen giving BigCommerce merchants access to an all-in-one payments solution.
Beginning today, existing BigCommerce merchants can activate the Adyen integration directly within their BigCommerce Control Panel.
Through the integration, merchants will be able to offer local payment options and alternative payment methods at checkout in over 145 currencies.
Jim Herbert, EMEA GM for BigCommerce, said: “Consumers are more likely to complete the checkout if they can pay using their preferred payment method with home currency, and merchants need access to tools that can provide that localised experience to international shoppers.
“BigCommerce is committed to working with partners that can meet the needs of our global merchant base, and as one of the most well-respected and rapidly-growing payments platforms worldwide, Adyen safely opens up these new capabilities for our customers.”
Adyen supports global credit and debit cards like Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and Discover, as well as local credit and debit cards like WeChat Pay, iDeal, Giropay and ACH Direct Debit.
With Adyen, BigCommerce merchants in Europe and APAC will have the ability to:
- Add most major payment methods to checkout.
- Manage Fraud through Adyen’s risk management system RevenueProtect.
- Store credit cards. With this integration, merchants will be able to enable credit card vaulting on their website, allowing customers to checkout quickly.
- Leverage the latest innovations.
- Reduce risk. As Adyen will collect the sensitive cardholder data securely via the custom card web components within the integration, it will reduce the PCI DSS-compliance requirements for BigCommerce merchants while being fully PCI compliant.
Roelant Prins, Adyen CCO, said: “Global expansion has just become easier for BigCommerce merchants. This new, seamless integration will allow their customers to pay the way they want, no matter where in the world they are. We’re really excited by this partnership and look forward to watching the growth of our new merchants.”