George Ashworth, managing director of asset finance at Santander UK and Philip White, commercial director at Wesleyan Bank, have joined the Asset Finance Professional Association as patrons before the Christmas drinks on the 6th December.
Held at Marylebone Sports Bar, the event is ticketed and will be raising funds for charity.
AF-PA is supporting the Leasing & Finance Industry Christmas Charity Lunch in Aid of Macmillan at IOD on 15th December, which has sold out in advance.
AF-PA had surveyed over a hundred members on the direction of the group at the last meeting, and found that:
- Members like the informality and opportunity to network at modest cost
- Additional black tie or other networking opportunities and events are worth considering
- Better and more regular communication is required from AF-PA
- Members were pleased to support charitable giving whilst happy to see investment from event, membership and sponsorship fees towards a website refresh & other industry related initiatives
- Some members were prepared to volunteer services to either the management of AF-PA and some members were prepared to help with specific events
As a result, AF-PA Chair in 2017 Johnnie Halliday (Linedata Lending and Leasing Software Solutions) said AF-PA Spring 2018 golf and regional networking events were being planned, and that they were in the process of building a brand new more interactive website.
“We have signed sponsorship from both Vitrix and Shoosmiths and are looking for £1000 each from two other sponsors to cover the initial cost. For further details please email email@example.com” said Halliday.
“We look forward to building on what we have started in 2017, beating our charity target whilst continuing to be a network for all our new and existing members and asset finance industry friends at whatever level of their careers.”