Board Level Appointment
Excellent salary bonus and incentives & benefits
Our client is a new lender funded by a major bank. We are seeking a senior credit risk specialist experienced in fast moving ”flow” asset finance to head up the Credit Risk Function. This a unique opportunity to advance to a board level appointment.
Heading up credit and responsible for policies and procedures
Responsible for maintaining processes, policies and procedures to identify and manage risk in the AF Group business.
Responsible for managing significant risks to the banks customers, reputation, assets and the interests of stakeholders.
To strengthen credit risk management function including underwriting new business opportunities within mandate and contribute to the underwriting process for larger value proposals and credit
Undertake initial and continuing risk assessment for asset-based lending exposures
To manage Credit Risk – Asset Finance in the planning, designing and implementation of overall risk management process
Risk assessment; analysing upside and downside risks as well as identifying, describing and estimating the quantitative and qualitative risks affecting the business
Risk evaluation; comparing estimated risks with risk criteria
Risk reporting, including corporate governance involving external risk reporting to stakeholders including large exposures, arrears bad debts and provisioning, exception & credit quality assurance reporting.
Conducting audits of risk and credit policies, including liaison with internal and external audiences;
Providing support, education and training to staff on risk
Report all issues of regulatory concern to the Board
- Computer literate (good knowledge of MS Office suite – Excel, Word, Power-Point)
- Knowledge of TCF
- A strong understanding of systems and processes for business and modelling experience (Excel)
- A strong understanding of statutory and management accounts
- The role involves direction of asset-based recoveries in England and Scotland and a knowledge of the legal framework for recoveries in these areas is an additional advantage but is not essential
- Knowledge of DPA and other relevant regulatory frameworks (CCA, CCD) an advantage but, again, not essential
- Adaptable & Flexible
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Enthusiastic “can do” attitude
- Able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Accuracy & Attention to detail
- Professional, well presented
- Establishes effective working relationships at all levels
- Customer Focused and commercial approach
If this role is for you, please email your CV to email@example.com