Role: Junior Collections Officer (Trainee)
Location: Oxford, UK
I have a variety of roles suitable for candidates with experience in Finance, Computer Science, Engineering, and Sales. My client values candidates with strong academic achievements and/or experience in their subject. All candidates must match our core principals: demonstrating energy, motivation, curiosity, and a can-do attitude.
Role summary and responsibilities
• As a company who loans customers money to buy cars, you will learn how to recover late payments by negotiating with customers who have failed to make payments as previously agreed
• You will learn how to chase debtors, sort out payment plans, record payments and organise customer files
• You will communicate constantly, effectively and professionally with customers via outbound and inbound telephone calls, emails and written letters
• You will be regularly monitored and assessed to ensure the fair treatment of customers including setting up affordable monthly repayment plans
• You will learn to work with the businesses core brand principles to help drive customer awareness and our member culture
• Maintain a comprehensive and up-to-date knowledge of the company’s products and services, proactively promoting them at all times.
• Maintain knowledge and understanding of all relevant policies and procedures, being compliant at all times
• Undertake any other reasonable tasks as required to support the business
Qualifications, experience and skills
• Minimum one year’s work experience from an outbound call centre
• Experience in Financial Services would be a benefit but not essential
• Good spoken and written communication skills, with an ability to build rapport quickly
• Computer literate with good mathematical skills
• Attention to detail, curious, assertive, resilient and ambitious
• Ability to work independently, but as part of a wider team
Standard shift patterns are 9am to 5pm, 12 noon to 7pm and one weekend in four.
This is a great opportunity for an ambitious trainee to develop the skills to be a Collections Officer, and to build a career in Financial Services.
Please contact Stacey for more information on 01279 713 900.