Role: New Business Underwriter – Vehicle and General – Asset Finance
Location: London, UK
Salary: up to £33,000, DoE
I am looking for someone with at least two years + experience within Asset Finance as an Underwriter. The role I have is working within New Business, for an Asset Finance company based in London. A great company to work for, offering a competitive salary package.
• Assist the Head of New Business with complaint handling responsibilities within the department
• To ensure that when underwriting, my client achieves the right blend of rate, collateral and credit quality in each transaction
• To visit customers as and when necessary and to provide reports on the visit within eight hours
• To communicate underwriting decisions and quotation of terms as appropriate
• To maintain excellent relationships with all brokers by providing prompt and professional decisions and service
• To assist, where able and appropriate, credit control department with any defaulting customers
• To take on any ad-hoc tasks or projects assigned by the Head of New Business or any Director
• At least two years’ experience of Asset Finance underwriting
• A proven ability to assess finance proposals based on a variety of data sources, including but not restricted to: Experian, Creditsafe, Equifax, Company accounts
• Strong communication and negotiation skills
• Strong customer relationship skills
• An understanding of the various types of credit we offer and their workings
Salary up to £33,000 depending on experience.
Please ONLY apply if you have two years + experience within Asset Finance as an Underwriter. If interested in this role contact Danielle 01279 713 900.