Credit Risk Underwriter – Asset Finance
We are seeking an experienced asset finance Credit Underwriter in the small to medium ticket deal size area with expertise in the SME and ideally within the Technology asset sectors.
The ideal candidate will already be in Asset Finance with three-plus years leasing or lending experience.
Key requirement for this Credit Underwriter role, is a strong ability to multi task and be highly flexible in terms of working practises. Typically you will handle 20-30 live opportunities at any one time and be able to “spin these plates” is key. Along with strong analytical and verbal and written skills are required.
Required Credit Underwriter skills and experience
• Solid credit experience within the Asset Finance industry
• Assisting the sales team with quotations and proposal writing
• Ability to communicate effectively with both internal and external customers and Lessors
• Ability to make accurate credit assessments in a timely manner – sometimes in a matter of minutes
• Excellent report writer and communicator with strong MS Word and at least Intermediate Excel skills if not Advanced level skills is requirement
• Self-motivated, highly organised and accountable and results orientated individual
• A team player who actively seeks opportunities to collaborate across multiple disciplines
• Understanding of commercial lending, ideally Asset Finance
• Previous experience of reviewing and then implementing change to improve systems and procedures.
• Proven experience of the regulatory environment and requirements
• Generating monthly KPIs and preparing detailed reports internally
About our client
Our client enjoys close relationships with many major equipment suppliers and manufacturers, offering access to knowledge, new products and competitive finance arrangements, funded via a range of circa 40 different lessors. The client has a 65% repeat business customer base
If interested in this role, please email your CV to email@example.com or call Julie Ramsay 01279 713900.