Up to £60,000
Due to the continued growth of the asset finance portfolio, an additional Senior Underwriter is required for our client, one of the largest independent finance companies in the UK.
You will draft and present structured credit proposals, maintaining an objective and independent view within the credit process and complying with Credit Policy/guidelines and processes. Checking credit reviews and research industry/customer-related information for all new proposals and reviews of existing customers, as well as proactively monitoring industry and sector trends.
You will need to achieve the timely turnaround of credit proposals and reviews, in accordance with pre-agreed SLAs.
You must also be confident in building, developing and strengthening relationships with existing and potential introducers, suppliers and valuers and assist in the production of underwriting management reports.
- Excellent credit assessment and report writing skills – ability to carry out due-diligence on credits and write a structured credit report for presentation to sanctioning authorities.
- Strong financial, analytical and numerical skills.
- Strong communication, organisation skills and understanding of the credit risk drivers.
- Attention to detail and accountable – demonstrates strong deal ownership.
- Team player with self-motivation and drive.
- Ability to write structured credit proposals in line with agreed timescales.
- Previous credit risk experience at a financial services provider (not necessarily in an asset finance environment).
- Knowledge of finance and finance products
A clean credit reference check and reference from previous employer may be required.