Location: Oxford, UK
I have a variety of roles suitable for candidates with experience in Finance, Computer Science, Engineering, and Sales. My client value candidates with strong academic achievements and/or experience in their subject. All candidates must match our core principals – demonstrating energy, motivation, curiosity and a can-do attitude.
• Underwrite new business applications within mandate levels, ensuring compliance with the CRP, ensuring all new business opportunities are maximised by negotiation, deal-making and making full use of all systems and processes available
• Provide internal and external customers with a professional and efficient service in an enthusiastic and knowledgeable manner at all times in order to maintain and develop business relationships
• Make underwriting recommendations to higher mandate holders where mandate level is exceeded. Liaise and assist other team members regarding underwriting recommendations and decisions when required
• Maintain a comprehensive and up-to-date knowledge of the company’s products and services proactively promoting them at all times
• Ensure all referred proposals have relevant procedural checks as highlighted, both system and manual as necessary e.g. Credit Reference Bureau, Glasses Guide, Land Registry, CIFAS, employment confirmation, etc are utilized ensuring that all information and documentation is accurate
Qualifications, experience, and skills
• Minimum of three years’ experience of underwriting within the finance industry, from a non-prime finance supplier
• Experience of underwriting more than one product, for example sub-prime and prime
Knowledge of and ability to work within regulations such as:
• Data Protection Act
• Money Laundering Regulations
• Credit Risk Policy
• Knowledge of FLA Code of Practice, CCTA Code of Practice and Consumer Credit Act
• Auto Finance experience would be ideal but is not essential.
Standard shift patterns are 9am to 5pm, 12 noon to 7pm and one weekend in four.
This is a great opportunity for an ambitious trainee to develop the skills to be a Collections Officer, and to build a career in Financial Services.
Please call Stacey on 01279 713 900 to find out more information.