Role: Underwriter – Asset Finance
Our client specialises in finance assets for manufacturing, engineering, construction and agricultural sectors to printing, materials handling, IT and medical equipment. Providing both hire purchase and leasing of motor vehicles, offering finance for cars and light commercials for either business or private use as well as a range of plant and machinery. The company is looking for an underwriter with minimum of three years’ underwriting experience.
You must have detailed knowledge of motor cars / commercial vehicles and comfortable with yellow plant/industrial equipment and understanding of the sales aid industry.
Two A-Levels at C or better plus a minimum 5 GCSEs Grade B or above to include mathematics and English language.
To underwrite and ensure all proposals, within their remit, are responded to within departmental SLA’s. Credit analysis and recommendation of facilities with a mandate of £125K, referring to Head of Flow Credit for guidance where necessary.
• Underwriting Asset Finance proposals up to a value of £125,000
• Sound analytical approach to flow underwriting
• Pragmatic ability to shape an underwrite within confines of credit policy
• Good understanding of commercial assets
• Good understanding of accounting analysis
• Ensuring outstanding Proposals are answered within SLA
• Analysing relevant credit reference agency searches
• Conducting and understanding land registry / Rightmove / Glass’s Guide valuations
• Answering the telephone and discussing proposals with BDM’s and brokers as required
• Liaising with brokers
• Understanding the proposal spreadsheet log
• Flexible and additional working hours during busy periods
• General administration
• Specific tasks as identified by management
• Minimum three years underwriting experience
• Detailed knowledge of motor cars / commercial vehicles
• Comfortable with yellow plant / industrial equipment
• Understanding of the sales aid industry
Two A-Levels at C or better plus a minimum five GCSEs Grade B or above to include mathematics and English language
If interested in this role, please contact Julie Ramsay 01279 713 900.