Insurtech Europe, Plug and Play’s platform in Germany, has picked 18 start-ups for its development round.
The programme aims to provide pilots, POCs, and business development opportunities for the insurtechs. Its corporate partners include Allianz, Munich Re, Versicherungskammer Bayern, Talanx, Irish Life, Willis Towers Watson, Swiss Re, and Generali Germany.
“Insurtech Europe has served to bring start-ups, corporations, and investors together. It has also acted as a catalyst to allow for these players to explore potential synergy,” says Ali Safavi, global head of Plug and Play Insurtech.
“The Plug and Play ecosystem holds a unique value for regional insurers, giving us [Versicherungskammer Bayern] access to the international innovation space. It is exciting to explore business models and technologies that can solve the challenges that our colleagues are facing. On top of that, we get to bring new ideas into our organisation, which have not been on the radar before,” says Johannes Wagner, Leiter Start-up Cooperation at Versicherungskammer Bayern.
Plug and Play does not take any equity from the start-ups and there is no cost to the firms to take part. The Insurtech Europe start-ups remain part of the ecosystem even after their graduation in July 2019.
Insurtech Europe start-ups selected
- Dowsure is an innovation cross border e-commerce insurance company;
- DynaRisk has created the world’s first personal cybersecurity score and report to keep people safe from cyber crime;
- Envelop Risk is a (re)insurance underwriting agency;
- Evari is a comprehensive ‘platform as a service’ solution, that insurers use to easily prototype, launch, iterate and scale their on-demand and dynamic products;
- Fosanis supports cancer patients coping with their mental and medical challenges through its digital Mira app;
- Friendly has developed an AI platform for automating laborious tasks in health and life insurance;
- Fjuul enables insurers to offer digital smart insurance using real-time data;
- HealthyHealth uses digital data to identify and prevent medical risks;
- HiveTracker provides disposable item level trackers;
- Mostly AI offers a Synthetic Data Engine that can be used to unlock data assets;
- Mutumutu is a start-up from the Czech Republic that has developed a lifestyle based platform for behavioural life insurance;
- Planswell supercharges insurance sales;
- Prevision.io develops a fully automated Machine Learning Platform;
- ProcessGold is the culmination of over 10 years of software development in the field of Big Data / Business Intelligence;
- Remesh is an audience intelligence platform for engaging and understanding large groups of people;
- Vigi claims to offer a new generation embedded insurance;
- Yseop is an international AI software company, and
- Zana is a voice-powered AI companion in your smartphone for continuous health monitoring.