Volkswagen (VW) has launched ‘My Volkswagen’, an app for prospective and current VW owners.
The app, which is free on both iOS and Android, has a number of functions at launch. On it, customers can:
- View all of their cars, including owned, ordered and configured cars
- Save their car configurations in My Volkswagen. Retailers can also add a customer’s Personalised Digital Brochure to their My Volkswagen account via the showroom app
- Track the progress of a new car order, with alerts & push notifications for status changes
- View service history of all past services and MOTs carried out by Volkswagen Retailers nationwide during their ownership
- Make a service booking: get alerts of upcoming services and what needs doing from previously deferred work and predictions of service events based on mileage, driving patterns, model-specific data and other criteria gathered from previous service visits
- Track a service: follow their car’s service through the workshop, get Express Visual Check results (including video) and approve or defer ‘red’ and ‘amber’ categorised work
- Access information and support: view a car’s owner’s manual; view ‘how to’ guides; learn about warning lights and access FAQs
The app was worked on by VW UK sales, marketing and aftersales departments, and VW said it plans to roll out new, updated versions by the end of 2017.
VW UK digital marketing manager Marianne Bearton said: “Enabling access to owners’ likely interactions with the brand in one handy digital dashboard that can be viewed on the majority of smartphones, or on a computer, was an ambitious aspiration when it was first identified as a target.
“We set about making it a reality and, now, the release of this first version of My Volkswagen marks the culmination of a huge amount of hard work by colleagues from across the entire Volkswagen UK business.
“We’re keen to get customer feedback from the first users of the app, and of course will work to refine functionality and evolve the My Volkswagen offering constantly in the months and years ahead.”