Role: Senior Underwriter – Asset Finance
Salary: Up to £50,000
Location: Blackburn, UK
Due to the continued growth of one of our clients, an asset finance company who are one the largest independent finance companies in the UK
Reporting to the Credit & Risk Manager, you will draft and present structured credit proposals, maintaining an objective and independent view within the credit process and complying with Credit Policy/guidelines and processes.
You will be required to perform credit reviews and research industry/customer-related information for all new proposals and reviews of existing customers, as well as proactively monitoring industry and sector trends for early warning signals.
You will need to achieve the timely turnaround of credit proposals and reviews, in accordance with pre-agreed SLAs; coordinate with the Credit & Risk Director, fellow Senior Underwriters and colleagues in Sales in relation to credit proposals; satisfy conditions precedent prior to referring for payout and assist in ongoing monitoring of clients’ financial performance to ensure compliance with covenants in place.
You must also be confident in building, developing and strengthening relationships with existing and potential introducers, suppliers and valuers in order to maximise future opportunities for the Company.
• Excellent credit assessment and report writing skills – ability to carry out due-diligence on credits and write a structured credit report for presentation to sanctioning authorities.
• Strong financial, analytical and numerical skills.
• Strong communication and organisation skills – understanding of the credit risk drivers for each proposal and able to disseminate complex information to multiple stakeholders, explaining the salient points.
• Strong time-management abilities – ability to work to tight deadlines and manage multiple priorities.
• Attention to detail and accountable – demonstrates strong deal ownership.
• Team player with self-motivation and drive.
Your experience (essential):
• Ability to write structured credit proposals in line with agreed timescales.
• Previous credit risk experience at a financial services provider (not necessarily in an asset finance environment).
• Knowledge of finance and finance products.
Your experience (desired):
• Other financial services business exposure e.g. commercial leasing/corporate banking.
• A clean credit reference check and reference from your previous employer may be required
If interested in this role, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org