Role: Asset Finance – Business Development Manager
Location: South Wales/Gloucestershire, Somerset/Herefordshire, Worcestershire
Salary: Up to £50,000 basic, plus bonus
Asset Finance – BDM
To canvas, develop and ultimately win quality new business and customers for the company in line with agreed objectives.
Key relationships/interfaces: Direct and indirect customers
• To take a proactive role in identifying and approaching customers to promote the company’s financing products and services
• Maintain and develop relationships with existing customers to promote business and identify further opportunities
• Discuss proposals with customers and potential customers
• Assess the quality of the proposal through appropriate checks such as Annual Report & Accounts, management accounts, searches and appropriate product information if necessary
• Negotiate terms of proposal, prepare documentation in line with agreed procedures and submit for approval
• Pass appropriate documentation for processing once agreed
• Coordinate activities with other sales team members
• Respond to management initiatives on targeting particular sectors
• Contribute new ideas for the development of the business
• Assist any of our current funding panel with their delinquent cases
• Maintain appropriate records and database information on customer base
• Undertake any other similar or related activities as and when required
• Ensure that procedures have been appropriately addressed and documented
• Adhere to the Company’s Anti-Money Laundering Policy
• Maintain an awareness of changes to legislation i.e. Consumer Credit Act, Data Protection Act, Anti Money Laundering regulation etc. and ensure compliance thereof
• Report all issues of regulatory concern to the Asset Finance Operations Director / Bank Legal & Compliance Director
• Communicate and escalate potential issues/risks in a prompt and effective manner
Qualifications / certification:
• A good level of education as well as demonstrable experience, expertise and the right attitude considered of particular importance for the role.
Experience (type & level):
• Experienced asset financier
Technical / specialist knowledge and skills
• In-depth understanding of finance products and accounts
• Fully conversant with the requirements of the Consumer Credit Act
• Computer literate (good knowledge of MS Office suite – Excel, Word)
• Knowledge of TCF
• Achievement / target-orientated
• Able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
• Decision-making skills
• High work standards
• Using initiative
• Adaptable and flexible
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent planning and organisational skills
• Enthusiastic ‘can do’ attitude
• Professional, well-presented
• Establishes effective working relationships at all levels
• Customer-focused approach
Additional Information – specific to your role.
• Able to commute reliably to office base.
• Able to work extended hours on occasions when required.
• Must have clean or near clean driving licence
If interested in this role, please email your CV to email@example.com.