Up to £45,000
We are currently looking to recruit a Credit Manager to join a Credit & Risk team.
Reporting to the Head of Credit, this is an excellent opportunity for a Credit Risk Manager to strengthen an outstanding team, who have responsibility for underwriting potential SME customers throughout the UK.
- Assist in minimising the company’s risk from lending money by careful assessment of the credit risk while adhering to the company’s credit policy and underwriting parameters.
- Although this is an office based role it will be necessary to visit potential customers on an ad-hoc basis where either the size of the transaction or the customer justifies it.
- Prepare concise but informative reports on potential customers recommending whether they are suitable for the requested borrowings.
- Liaise with customers and business introducers as necessary.
- Must have some commercial experience (although not necessarily in credit or asset finance).
- Experience of interpreting and understanding both a set of accounts and customer business models.
- Technical knowledge around credit risk analysis and the tools available for obtaining the necessary credit information.
- Basic understanding of different asset classes, their typical depreciation, ease of recovery and ease of resale.
- Experience of dealing with customers in a business to business environment and the ability to effectively interview, analyse the information received and, as a consequence, control the discussion.
- Comfortable dealing at Director Level.
- Display an appreciation, understanding and interest in how business and the economy in general works.
- Capable of planning own work to achieve objectives.
- Candidate should be comfortable working and contributing in a team environment.
- Good IT systems skills are assumed.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to absorb information quickly and efficiently will be expected.
- Expected to work in a methodical manner with limited supervision.
- Driving licence essential for customer visits around the UK.
If interested in this role, please contact Mark Dew or email your CV to email@example.com