Credit & Operations Manager – Asset Finance
We are recruiting for a fast-expanding asset finance brokerage – leading into ‘own book’ funding in 2017 providing a full range of funding options to the UK SME community not just HP and Lease but Discounted Receivables funding, Operating Lease and Educational Rental financing.
You must be a seasoned credit professional. You will have experience of Asset Finance & Leasing with the ability to engage with and support sales team operations. An experienced credit and/or operations manager with a track record of building and leading an effective credit & Deal operations function – ideally in asset finance field.
You must be capable of quickly assessing the credit opportunity presented by the sales force and ensuring that the credit & operations team (if not yourself) are able to seek a credit approval from a large panel of Lessors, as well as ensuring that EVERY approved deal is managed from entry into the credit queue to completion/pay-out within a timely and professional manner.
• You must be commutable to our offices in the Northamptonshire
• You will need a depth of hard asset underwriting experience gained ideally from a standpoint of having underwritten deals from the broker network but full understanding of SME leasing underwriting , P&L and Balance Sheet & cash-flow analysis, as well as asset-based secured and unsecured lending to an array of young and established SME businesses – rather than blue chip risk ‘tick box’ credit accepting
• Ideally you will have some mentoring or people leadership experience but not necessarily within a credit management role
• You must be someone who can work very closely with external sales staff and the MD (who is a salesman) as well as your own credit /administration team and definitely be a person who comes to the credit role from a standpoint of want to find a way to get every opportunity to be underwritten
You will have:
• Proven relevant experience in Financial Services – Experience in a commercial finance/leasing environment with significant experience in a credit assessment role within asset finance / leasing industry
• Experience in structuring of deals & ability to interpret financial statements
• Knowledge of leasing market and products and activities. Strong and proven credit assessment skills at both small SME and large SME/ Corporate group companies levels
• Excellent organisational & time management skills, self-motivated is an absolute must
• Understanding of process management and optimisation
• Demonstrable experience in asset finance / leasing risk management, with experience in a team leader / management role preferred. Proven ability to manage and motivate direct reports
If interested in this role please contact Julie 01279713900 or send your CV via email to firstname.lastname@example.org