Looking for an experienced Consumer Finance Underwriter, New Business Underwriter, Management level position based in the City. Excellent company to work for, paying a great salary package
- Manage the daily operations of the underwriting section of Consumer Finance New Business and Repeat Business
- Ensure effective service is maintained and that all business is written in accordance with company Policy.
- Assist the Head of New Business with updating and maintain policy documents relevant to the department as and when required.
- To underwrite Consumer Finance Division hire purchase proposals in accordance with my clients Credit Policy and delegated underwriting authority in a consistent and objective manner.
- To provide credit analysis on leasing and hire purchase proposals requiring underwriting outside of delegated authority.
- To contribute to the achievement of Consumer Finance Division’s annual objectives in terms of new business volumes, rate and credit quality.
- To ensure that for new business proposals, as much information is gathered together in a presentable format for credit approval.
- Resolve disputes between underwriters and brokers to ensure the highest volume and quality of business is achieved.
- To underwrite new business proposals in accordance with my clients Credit Policy and the delegated authority granted from time to time (where appropriate, this may involve visiting potential customers), providing a decision within 1 hours of receipt of the proposal.
- To ensure all underwriters are adhering to the terms as agreed by the credit committee and published in the policy and procedures manual.
- To maintain and develop relationships with my clients existing brokers.
- To gather all relevant information and submit together with a supporting recommendation for credit approval to Head of New Business /Director/Credit Committee level if over delegated authority.
- To assist the Head of New Business with regular reviews of regulatory and compliance requirements within the department.
- Perform regular staff appraisals and ensure appropriate training is provided when necessary
- Assist the Head of New Business with complaint handling responsibilities within the department.
- To ensure that when underwriting my clients achieves the right blend of rate, collateral and credit quality in each transaction.
- To ensure that new staff are on boarded with the necessary level of support and training.
- To visit customers as and when necessary and to provide reports on the visit within 8 hours.
- Organise the staff movements rota for the department, dealing with annual leave requests, sickness, overtime and site visits, to ensure adequate cover throughout the week.
- To communicate underwriting decisions and quotation of terms as appropriate.
- To maintain excellent relationships with all brokers by providing prompt and professional decisions and service.
- Deal with any escalated complaints and making sure that customers are being treated fairly at all times.
- At least 3 years’ experience of Consumer Finance underwriting
- A proven ability to assess finance proposals based on a variety of data sources, including but not restricted to: Experian, Creditsafe, Equifax
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Strong customer relationship skills
- Strong organisational skills
Please ONLY apply should you have the relevant Underwriting experience within Consumer Finance.
If this role is for you, please email your CV to email@example.com