Role: Operations Director (Board Member) – Consumer Lending
Location: Cheshire, UK
Salary: package in excess of £75k plus share options
Our client is a technology driven consumer lender, offering a wide range of affordable and flexible point of sale retail finance solutions.
It has developed a unique FCA-authorised online lending platform, which makes lending decisions based on a combination of traditional, proven credit scoring methods and in-house data analytics to provide instant, automatic decisions. The platform offers fully configurable finance solutions to retailers, which allows them to support those lending products that meet their customers’ needs and budgets.
The team spent three years developing the platform, followed by a low-key rollout to selected retailers in 2012. The platform has been proven in the UK e-commerce market and has been successfully launched offering medium and large e-commerce retailers bespoke lending propositions for their customers in point-of-sale retail.
We are looking for an experienced, technology savvy Operations Director to join its senior management team consisting of a CEO, CFO, Sales Director and IT Director. The Operations Director will lead the operations team of currently five people, which is expected to grow significantly over the coming years. He or she will head the company’s underwriting, collections, retailer and customer service, fraud prevention, and compliance functions while it is entering its next growth phase and is expected to join the board of directors.
• Retailer and customer support
You will have:
• Exemplary skills in underwriting, collections, fraud management and compliance and a sound understanding of lending operations gained through relevant work experience in (preferably consumer) lending
• Strong organisational skills and experience in operational planning
• Strong people management skills and considerable experience in formulating and driving targets and leading and motivating teams
• Strong analytic and numerical skills and experience in data processing and analytics
• Comprehensive knowledge of relevant legislation and regulations
• A high-degree of IT literacy (including Excel and SQL)
• Excellent communication skills
• Clean credit history
A competitive package, including a market base salary, annual bonus, and participation in a share-based long-term incentive plan.
If interested in this role, please contact Julie Ramsay on 01279 713 900.