Legal Recoveries Manager – Asset/Motor Finance
North London, UK
Our client is a prestigious fast-growing lender working with the presents a great career development opportunity, the above role is a new position the purpose of the role is to lead legal recoveries activities maximising recoveries from defaulted agreements and significantly overdue arrears situations. The Legal Recoveries manager will report directly to the COO.
You will be an experienced legal recoveries professional and have a track record of effectively maximising recoveries in as short a term period as possible. Experience in the motor vehicle sector or asset finance market would be highly preferable. You will also be responsible for ensuring efficient and effective arrears management in order to minimise potential losses through bad debts and work closely with legal advisors where appropriate.
• Responsible for collection activities of all legal cases and defaulted clients to ensure potential losses are minimal and within budgeted expectations
• Portfolio management to identify potential default risks e.g. companies going into administration
• Ensure the highest levels of quality customer service and competency are maintained thereby minimising risk and costs
• Ensure all legal collections activities achieve performance targets, developing and implementing solutions which positively impact performance
• Balance reliance and use of third-party legal advisers to maximise cost/benefit effectiveness
• Drive a continuous improvement culture to deliver efficiency whilst improving quality and flexibility of customer service
• Liaise with asset management for asset valuation and uplift on arrears cases where appropriate
• Feedback to senior management and credit team characteristics of defaulting client profiles to drive continuous improvement in credit decision making
• Produce arrears reporting ensuring accurate records are maintained and issues promptly raised to senior management
• Proven track record in an asset or motor finance, with particular emphasis on collections management and legal recoveries
• Sound knowledge of asset finance products, structures, and documentation
• Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of legal recoveries process
• Comprehensive knowledge of insolvency laws and consumer credit laws
• Understand the Financial Statement impact of collections management activities
Competitive salary depending on experience + performance related bonus, health insurance, pension.
If interested in this role, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.