Up to £25,000 plus great benefits
Our client is a prestigious lender currently looking to recruit a trainee Credit Underwriter to join our Credit & Risk team.
Reporting to the Head of Credit, this is an excellent opportunity for a bright, ambitious person to strengthen an outstanding team, who have responsibility for underwriting potential customers throughout the UK.
- Assist in careful assessment of the credit risk while adhering to the company’s credit policy and underwriting parameters.
- Prepare concise but informative credit reports on potential customers recommending whether they are suitable for the requested borrowings.
- Liaise with customers and business introducers as necessary.
- Must have some commercial finance or banking experience (although not necessarily in credit or asset finance).
- Experience of interpreting and understanding both a set of accounts and customer business models.
- Experience of dealing with customers in a business to business environment and the ability to effectively interview, analyse the information received and, as a consequence, control the discussion.
- Display an appreciation, understanding and interest in how business and the economy in general works.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to absorb information quickly and efficiently will be expected.
- Expected to work in a methodical manner with limited supervision.
If interested in this role, please email your CV to email@example.com