Underwriter – Motor or Asset Finance
Salary negotiable according to experience plus great benefits
North West London
To include weekend working with 2 days off in the week
This is an outstanding opportunity for a smart and ambitious underwriter looking to play a key role in a business lending business based in north London.
Within this key role, you will work closely with members of the Credit Team, reporting to the Head of Credit and you will assist the company in achieving its business objectives through effective underwriting, portfolio management, and reporting.
Our client is looking for an experienced Underwriter with experience in motor or asset finance. The individual will be an excellent communicator and will bring enthusiasm and a strong work ethic to this small and dynamic team. You will get excited by the thought of working in a fast-paced, engaging environment and able to confidently work under pressure and against deadlines.
Your key day-to-day responsibilities will include:
• Underwriting in line with company credit policy framework
• Analysing and assessing potential large clients and assisting in making a lending decision
• Managing the client experience and journey for a portfolio of clients
• Liaising with the sales, sales support and introducers to optimise the client experience
Qualifications and skills:
• At least 1 years’ experience within a similar underwriting role (credit/risk)
• Work experience in a bank or asset lender (preferred)
• Experience of operating under a tiered mandate structure
• Strong numeracy and reporting skills
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Highly organised and superb attention to detail
• Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
• Ability to deliver to clear and defined expected outcomes
Personality and approach:
• Commercially driven with plenty of common sense
• Nimble and out of the box thinker
• Confident, articulate and a great communicator
• A self-starter who is motivated, enthusiastic, and proactive
• A collaborative team player
• Strong work ethic and a flexible attitude
• Interest in luxury cars a bonus
If interested in this role, please call Vicky.