British fund manager Schroders has collaborated with investment manager Wellington Management to introduce a multi-strategy fund on its alternative UCITS platform.
The new vehicle, called Schroder GAIA Wellington Pagosa, will be managed by Wellington and will offer exposure to various alternative strategies of Wellington.
The fund’s investment process is based on Wellington’s existing ‘Pagosa’ strategy. The strategy’s 60% allocations are in equity, while the remaining 40% are in fixed income strategies.
The strategy invests in macro, long/short equity, absolute return fixed income, as well as market neutral. It is run by Christopher Kirk and Dennis Kim.
“We can’t predict exactly what will happen over the next five years, but we believe that the path is unlikely to be as smooth as we have seen over the past five. In this context, we think a more diversified multi-strategy approach can be beneficial to client portfolios; providing diversification benefits, volatility dampening and a return stream that is less correlated with risk assets,” Kirk and Kim noted.