Total financial services industry deals for Q3 2019 worth $73.39bn were announced globally, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the code below into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 28.4% over the previous quarter and a rise of 1.8% when compared with the last four-quarter average of $72.11bn.
In terms of number of deals, the sector saw a rise of 17.3% over the last four-quarter average with 923 deals against the average of 787 deals.
In value terms, Europe led the activity with deals worth $39.67bn.
In your opinion, what presents the biggest operational challenge for FS providers in the COVID-19 crisis?
- Switching to large scale homeworking (51%, 162 Votes)
- Retraining the staff (32%, 102 Votes)
- Changing operating hours of branches and call centres (17%, 54 Votes)
Total Voters: 318
Financial services industry deals in Q3 2019: Top deals
The top five financial services deals accounted for 55.7% of the overall value during Q3 2019.
The combined value of the top five financial services deals stood at $40.9bn, against the overall value of $73.39bn recorded for the month.
The top five financial services industry deals of Q3 2019 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) London Stock Exchange Group’s $27bn acquisition of Refinitiv
2) The $3.62bn private equity deal with Reliance Industrial Investments by BIF IV Jarvis India
3) Apollo Global Management and Athene Holding’s $3.6bn private equity deal with PK AirFinance
4) The $3.5bn acquisition of Assurance IQ by Prudential Financial
5) Mastercard’s asset transaction with Nets for $3.18bn.
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.