Total industry private equity deals in July 2019 worth $20.07bn were announced in the US, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the code below into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 19.02% over the previous month and a rise of 2.2% when compared with the last 12-month average of $19.64bn.
The US held a 31.3% share of the global industry private equity deal value that totalled $64.12bn in July 2019.
In terms of deal activity, the US recorded 153 deals during July 2019, marking an increase of 4.8% over the previous month and a drop of 5% over the 12-month average.
The US industry private equity deals in July 2019: Top deals
The top five industry private equity deals accounted for 71% of the overall value during July 2019.
The combined value of the top five private equity deals stood at $14.24bn, against the overall value of $20.07bn recorded for the month.
The top five industry deals of July 2019 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Brookfield Asset Management and GIC’s $8.4bn private equity deal with Genesee & Wyoming
2) The $2.7bn private equity deal with Waystar by Canada Pension Plan Investment Board and The EQT VIII fund
3) Charlesbank Capital Partners’ $1.3bn private equity deal with Park Place Technologies
3 Things That Will Change the World Today
4) The $1bn private equity deal with WildFire Energy I by Kayne Private Energy Income Fund and Warburg Pincus
5) HGGC’s private equity deal with Monotype Imaging Holdings for $839.89m.
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.