Total technology industry venture financing deals in Q3 2020 worth $8.41bn were announced in China, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the code below into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 6.3% over the previous quarter and a rise of 19.8% when compared with the last four-quarter average of $7.03bn.
China held a 28.2% share of the global technology industry venture financing deal value that totalled $29.79bn in Q3 2020.
In terms of deal activity, China recorded 468 deals during Q3 2020, marking a rise of 2.4% over the previous quarter and a rise of 4% over the last four-quarter average.
How well do you really know your competitors?
Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.
Your download email will arrive shortly
Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample
We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below formBy GlobalData
China technology industry venture financing deals in Q3 2020: Top deals
The top five technology industry venture financing deals accounted for 39.5% of the overall value during Q3 2020.
The combined value of the top five technology venture financing deals stood at $3.32bn, against the overall value of $8.41bn recorded for the month.
The top five technology industry deals of Q3 2020 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Boyu Capital Consultancy, Hillhouse Capital Group and Tencent Holdings’ $1.2bn venture financing of Ape coaching
2) The $830m venture financing of JD Health by Hillhouse Capital Group
3) KKR &Inc, Sequoia China Fund and Tencent Holdings’ $800m venture financing of Hunan Xingsheng Optimal E-Commerce
4) The $292.54m venture financing of Beijing Eswell Computing Technology by CASH Capital (Beijing) Investment Management, Gaorong Capital, IDG Capital, Legend Capital and Huarong International Financial
5) DCM Capital, H Capital, Innovation Workshop, New Oriental Group and SoftBank Vision Fund’s venture financing of Pea Thinking Technology for $200m.
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.