Europe’s technology industry saw a drop of 12.50% in cloud deal activity during August 2022, when compared with the last 12-month average, led by 83North, Accel ManagementInc, Activant Capital Group, Alta Park Capital, Arena Holdings, Commonfund Capital, Durable Capital Partners, Franklin Templeton, Qatar Investment Authority, Sator Grove Holdings, T Rowe Price Associates and Technology Crossover Ventures’ $400m venture financing of Celonis, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
A total of 77 technology industry cloud deals worth $591.6m were announced for the region in August 2022, against the 12-month average of 88 deals.
Of all the deal types, venture financing saw most activity in August 2022 with 44 transactions, representing a 57.1% share for the region.
In second place was M&A with 23 deals, followed by private equity deals with ten transactions, respectively capturing a 29.9% and 13% share of the overall cloud deal activity for the month.
How well do you really know your competitors?
Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.
Your download email will arrive shortly
Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample
We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below formBy GlobalData
In terms of value of cloud deals, venture financing was the leading category in Europe’s technology industry with $513.17m, while M&A and private equity deals totalled $74.53m and $3.9m, respectively.
Europe technology industry cloud deals in August 2022: Top deals
The top five technology cloud deals accounted for 83.5% of the overall value during August 2022.
The combined value of the top five technology cloud deals stood at $493.75m, against the overall value of $591.6m recorded for the month.
The top five technology industry cloud deals of August 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) 83North, Accel ManagementInc, Activant Capital Group, Alta Park Capital, Arena Holdings, Commonfund Capital, Durable Capital Partners, Franklin Templeton, Qatar Investment Authority, Sator Grove Holdings, T Rowe Price Associates and Technology Crossover Ventures $400m venture financing deal with Celonis
2) The $45m acquisition of MPO by Kinaxis
3) iomart group $17.73m acquisition deal with Oriium Consulting and PAV I.T. Services
4) The $16m venture financing of Thanks Ben by Atomico Ventures, Cherry Ventures, DN Capital and Seedcamp
5) CNI Advisory, Inbox Capital, Partech Partners and Swisscom Ventures $15.02m venture financing deal with Billogram