Europe’s technology industry saw a drop of 7.95% in deal activity during February 2022, when compared with the last 12-month average, led by Mubadala Investment and Warburg Pincus’ $2.58bn acquisition of Informa, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
A total of 521 technology industry deals worth $7.8bn were announced for the region in February 2022, against the 12-month average of 566 deals.
Of all the deal types, venture financing saw most activity in February 2022 with 294 transactions, representing a 56.4% share for the region.
In second place was M&A with 198 deals, followed by private equity deals with 29 transactions, respectively capturing a 38% and 5.6% share of the overall deal activity for the month.
How well do you really know your competitors?
Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.
Your download email will arrive shortly
Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample
We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below formBy GlobalData
In terms of value of deals, private equity was the leading category in Europe’s technology industry with $3.43bn, while venture financing and M&A deals totalled $3.09bn and $1.3bn, respectively.
Europe technology industry deals in February 2022: Top deals
The top five technology deals accounted for 49.6% of the overall value during February 2022.
The combined value of the top five technology deals stood at $3.88bn, against the overall value of $7.8bn recorded for the month.
The top five technology industry deals of February 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Mubadala Investment and Warburg Pincus $2.58bn private equity deal with Informa
2) The $568.42m private equity of RELEX by Blackstone Growth
3) Walker & Dunlop $290m acquisition deal with GeoPhy
4) The $242.68m acquisition of 40% stake in Telxius Telecom SAU by Pontel Participaciones
5) Accel,GV Management Co,Illuminate Financial Management,Insight Partners,Salesforce Ventures,Tiger Global Management and Tribeca Early Stage Partners $200m venture financing deal with Genesis Global Technology