Total technology industry cloud Venture Financing deals worth $2.15bn were announced in the US in January 2021, led by $350m Venture Financing of Calendly, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 37.8% over the previous month of $1.56bn and a rise of 104.8% when compared with the last 12-month average of $1.05bn.
The US held a 49.65% share of the global technology industry cloud Venture Financing deal value that totalled $4.33bn in January 2021.
In terms of cloud Venture Financing deal activity, the US recorded 63 deals during January 2021, marking a decrease of 10.00% over the previous month and a drop of 11.27% over the 12-month average.
How well do you really know your competitors?
Your download email will arrive shortly
Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample
US technology industry cloud Venture Financing deals in January 2021: Top deals
The top five technology industry cloud Venture Financing deals accounted for 48% of the overall value during January 2021.
The combined value of the top five technology cloud Venture Financing deals stood at $1.03bn, against the overall value of $2.15bn recorded for the month.
The top five technology industry cloud Venture Financing deals of January 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) ICONIQ Capital and OpenView Advisors’ $350m venture financing of Calendly
2) The $200m venture financing of Quantum Metric by Insight Partners
3) Innovation Endeavors, Insight Partners, Oryzn Capital, Salesforce Ventures, Sapphire Ventures and Vertex Ventures HC’s $167.5m venture financing of OwnBackup
4) The $160m venture financing of Cockroach Labs by Altimeter Capital Management, Benchmark Capital, Bond Capital Management, FirstMark Capital, Greenoaks Capital Management, GV Management Co, Index Ventures (US), Lone Pine Capital and Tiger Global Management
5) Addition Ventures, Andreessen Horowitz, Elad Gil, Greenoaks Capital Management, Lightspeed Management Company and Zeev Ventures’ venture financing of TripActions for $155m.