Total technology industry venture financing deals worth $221.35m were announced in Germany in February 2021, led by $150m venture financing of Branded E-Commerce Group, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 71.5% over the previous month of $777.81m and a drop of 14.3% when compared with the last 12-month average of $258.22m.
Germany held a 1.32% share of the global technology industry venture financing deal value that totalled $16.77bn in February 2021.
In terms of venture financing deal activity, Germany recorded 33 deals during February 2021, marking a decrease of 31.25% over the previous month and a rise of 3.13% over the 12-month average.
Germany technology industry venture financing deals in February 2021: Top deals
The top five technology industry venture financing deals accounted for 86.7% of the overall value during February 2021.
The combined value of the top five technology venture financing deals stood at $191.99m, against the overall value of $221.35m recorded for the month.
The top five technology industry venture financing deals of February 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Declaration Partners, Jon Oringer, Kima Ventures, Kreos Capital Group, Lurra Capital, Mark Pincus, Maximilian Bittner, Regah Ventures, Target Global, Tiger Global Management and Vine Ventures’ $150m venture financing of Branded E-Commerce Group
2) The $16m venture financing of dashdash by Accel, Cherry Ventures, Christian Reber and Lakestar Capital
3) heal.capital Management’s $12.13m venture financing of Actio
4) The $7.8m venture financing of Hyperganic Group by Hermann Hauser, HV Capital Adviser, Swarovski and Vsquared Ventures
5) Accel and HV Capital Adviser’s venture financing of Charles for $6.06m.
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed big data deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.