Total technology industry venture financing deals worth $6.5bn were announced in Europe in January 2022, led by $1bn venture financing of Checkout, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 76.6% over the previous month of $3.67bn and a rise of 70.1% when compared with the last 12-month average of $3.81bn.
Europe held a 25.11% share of the global technology industry venture financing deal value that totalled $25.81bn in January 2022. With a 9.49% share and deals worth $2.45bn, the UK was the top country in Europe’s venture financing deal value across technology industry.
In terms of venture financing deal activity, Europe recorded 216 deals during January 2022, marking a decrease of 26.03% over the previous month and a drop of 23.13% over the 12-month average. The UK recorded 65 deals during the month.
How well do you really know your competitors?
Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.
Your download email will arrive shortly
Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample
We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below formBy GlobalData
Europe technology industry venture financing deals in January 2022: Top deals
The top five technology industry venture financing deals accounted for 41.4% of the overall value during January 2022.
The combined value of the top five technology venture financing deals stood at $2.68bn, against the overall value of $6.5bn recorded for the month.
The top five technology industry venture financing deals of January 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Altimeter Capital Management,Dragoneer Investment Group,Franklin Templeton,GIC Investment,Insight Partners,Qatar Investment Authority,The Oxford Endowment Fund and Tiger Global Management $1bn venture financing deal with Checkout
2) The $711.42m venture financing of Bolt Technology by Fidelity Management & Research and Sequoia Capital Operations
3) Coatue,Deutsche Telekom,Dragoneer Investment Group,Left Lane Capital,Prosus,SoftBank Vision Fund 2 and Tencent Holdings $339.85m venture financing deal with GoStudent
4) The $335m venture financing of EXOTEC Solutions by 83North Venture Capital,Dell Technologies Capital and Goldman Sachs Asset Management
5) Beyond NetZero,Generation Investment ManagementLLP and KKRInc $295m venture financing deal with o9 Solutions