Total technology industry venture financing deals in October 2020 worth $669.09m were announced in the UK, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the code below into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 1.4% over the previous month and a rise of 48.8% when compared with the last 12-month average of $449.72m.
The UK held a 6% share of the global technology industry venture financing deal value that totalled $11.22bn in October 2020.
In terms of deal activity, the UK recorded 67 deals during October 2020, marking a decrease of 4.3% over the previous month and a rise of 1.5% over the 12-month average.
The UK technology industry venture financing deals in October 2020: Top deals
The top five technology industry venture financing deals accounted for 76.7% of the overall value during October 2020.
The combined value of the top five technology venture financing deals stood at $513.36m, against the overall value of $669.09m recorded for the month.
The top five technology industry deals of October 2020 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) ANDENES INVESTMENTS, GPS Ventures, Macquarie Group – London, Patron Capital and yabeo Capital’s $343.86m venture financing of Molo Tech
2) The $50m venture financing of Envisics by General Motors Ventures, Hyundai Mobis, SAIC Capital and Van Tuyl Group
3) ABN AMRO Ventures, Draper Esprit, Fidelity International Strategic Ventures, London Stock Exchange Group and OMERS Ventures’ $50m venture financing of PrimaryBid
4) The $40m venture financing of Streetbees.com by Atomico Ventures, GMG Ventures, Lakestar Capital, Latitude Ventures and Octopus Ventures
5) Reckitt Benckiser Group’s venture financing of Your.MD for $29.5m.
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.
Visit our ‘Technology Deals Dashboard’ for the latest trends in M&A, PE, and VC activity, top deals and advisory league tables in the technology industry.