Asia-Pacific’s technology industry saw a drop of 27.38% in artificial intelligence deal activity during February 2021, when compared with the last 12-month average, led by Match Group’s $1.73bn acquisition of Hyperconnect, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
A total of 61 technology industry artificial intelligence deals worth $2.57bn were announced for the region in February 2021, against the 12-month average of 84 deals.
Of all the deal types, venture financing saw most activity in February 2021 with 51 transactions, representing an 83.6% share for the region.
How well do you really know your competitors?
Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.
Your download email will arrive shortly
Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample
We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below formBy GlobalData
In second place was M&A with nine deals, followed by private equity deals with one transactions, respectively capturing a 14.8% and 1.6% share of the overall artificial intelligence deal activity for the month.
In terms of value of artificial intelligence deals, M&A was the leading category in Asia-Pacific’s technology industry with $1.76bn, while venture financing and private equity deals totalled $711.35m and $100m, respectively.
Asia-Pacific technology industry artificial intelligence deals in February 2021: Top deals
The top five technology artificial intelligence deals accounted for 90.4% of the overall value during February 2021.
The combined value of the top five technology artificial intelligence deals stood at $2.33bn, against the overall value of $2.57bn recorded for the month.
The top five technology industry artificial intelligence deals of February 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Match Group’s $1.73bn acquisition of Hyperconnect
2) The $350m venture financing deal with Horizon Robotics by BYD Auto, Changzhou Xingyu Car Lamp, Dongfeng Asset Management, Great Wall Motor, Shanghai AI Innovation and Sunny Optical Technology (Group)
3) CMB International Capital Management (Shenzhen), Guodiao Hongtai Fund, Joy Capital and NIO Capital’s $100m private equity deal with Newlinks (Beijing) Technology
4) The $100m venture financing of Verse Innovation by Glade Brook Capital Partners and Qatar Investment Authority
5) Qingdao Guoxin Financial Holding, Qingdao Jiaozhou Industrial Fund and Qingdao Urban Construction Investment (Group)’s venture financing of Shanghai Gaozhong Information Technology for $46.57m.