China’s technology industry saw a rise of 23.08% in overall big data deal activity during January 2021, when compared with the last 12-month average, led by China Development Bank Development Fund, Chuangyin Capital, CMC Capital Group, Guangdong Hengjian Investment Holding, Guangzhou Huacheng Venture Capital Management, Huajin Capital, Innovation Works, Kunzhong Capital, Qiming Venture Capital and Zhengzhou Yutong Bus’ $110m venture financing of Wenyuan Zhixing, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
A total of 32 big data deals worth $389.59m were announced in January 2021, compared with the 12-month average of 26 deals.
venture financing was the leading category in the month in terms of volume with 28 deals, which accounted for 87.5% of all big data deals.
How well do you really know your competitors?
Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.
Your download email will arrive shortly
Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample
We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below formBy GlobalData
In second place was M&A with three big data deals, followed by private equity with one transactions, respectively accounting for 9.4% and 3.1% of overall deal activity in the China’s technology industry during the month.
In terms of value of big data deals, venture financing was the leading deal category in China’s technology industry with total deals worth $328.26m, while private equity and M&A deals totalled $40m and $21.34m, respectively.
China technology industry big data deals in January 2021: Top deals
The top five technology industry big data deals accounted for 79.2% of the overall value during January 2021.
The combined value of the top five technology big data deals stood at $308.55m, against the overall value of $389.59m recorded for the month.
The top five technology industry big data deals of January 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) China Development Bank Development Fund, Chuangyin Capital, CMC Capital Group, Guangdong Hengjian Investment Holding, Guangzhou Huacheng Venture Capital Management, Huajin Capital, Innovation Works, Kunzhong Capital, Qiming Venture Capital and Zhengzhou Yutong Bus’ $110m venture financing of Wenyuan Zhixing
2) The $100m venture financing of Beijing Tendcloud Tianxia Technology by CR Data Fund
3) Blue Chi Venture Capital, China Chengxin Group, Lightspeed China Investment, Shanghai Pudong Science And Technology Investment, Shanghai Yunfeng Investment ManagementLimited, Triumph Capital, Wind Information, Wuyuefeng Capital, Zhangjiang Group, Zhanxing Fund and ZJ Innopark’s $40m venture financing of Wayz.ai
4) The $40m private equity deal with EHang by Carmignac
5) Hangzhou Guangyun Technology’s acquisition of Deepdraw for $18.55m.