Total technology industry cloud deals worth $27.3bn were announced globally for April 2021, with the $12.3bn private equity deal with Proofpoint being the sector’s biggest investment, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 18.3% over the previous month of $33.4bn and a rise of 26.5% when compared with the last 12-month average of $21.58bn.
In terms of number of cloud deals, the sector saw a drop of 16.11% with 276 deals in April 2021 when compared to the last 12-month average of 329 deals.
In value terms, North America led the activity with cloud deals worth $23.93bn in April 2021.
technology industry cloud deals in April 2021: Top deals
How well do you really know your competitors?
Your download email will arrive shortly
Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample
The top five cloud deals accounted for 64% of the overall value during April 2021.
The combined value of the top five cloud deals stood at $17.45bn, against the overall value of $27.3bn recorded for the month.
The top five technology industry cloud deals of April 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Thoma Bravo $12.3bn private equity deal with Proofpoint
2) The $2bn asset transaction of Turbonomic by International Business Machines
3) KKR & Co. GP $1.2bn acquisition deal with Therapy Brands
4) The $1.1bn acquisition of MphasiS by BCP Topco IX,Blackstone Capital Partners (CYM) VIII AIV – F and Blackstone Capital Partners Asia NQ
5) Mastercard $850m private equity deal with Ekata