Total Technology industry cloud deals worth $5.5bn were announced globally for July 2022, with the $2.5bn private equity deal for 29% stake in American Tower being the sector’s biggest investment, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 72.6% over the previous month of $19.94bn and a drop of 78% when compared with the last 12-month average of $24.81bn.
In terms of number of cloud deals, the sector saw a drop of 62.16% with 126 deals in July 2022 when compared to the last 12-month average of 333 deals.
In value terms, North America led the activity with cloud deals worth $3.04bn in July 2022.
How well do you really know your competitors?
Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.
Your download email will arrive shortly
Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample
We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below formBy GlobalData
Technology industry cloud deals in July 2022: Top deals
The top five cloud deals accounted for 82.2% of the overall value during July 2022.
The combined value of the top five cloud deals stood at $4.5bn, against the overall value of $5.5bn recorded for the month.
The top five Technology industry cloud deals of July 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Stonepeak Partners $2.5bn private equity deal for 29% stake in American Tower
2) The $1.04bn private equity of 45% stake in Telefonica by Credit Agricole Assurances and Vauban Infrastructure Partners
3) Asterion Industrial Partners SGEIC $405.39m private equity deal for 78.4% stake in Irideos
4) The $400m venture financing of Content Square by BlackRock, BPI France, Canaan Partners, Eurazeo, Highland Europe (UK), KKRInc, LionTree, Sixth Street Growth and SoftBank Vision Fund 2
5) HOPU Fund II,HOPU-Arm Innovation Fund, Shanghai guosheng (group), Vista Investments and ZGC Science City Science and Technology Growth Fund $148.68m venture financing deal with Iluvatar CoreX