Total Technology industry cloud deals worth $87.5bn were announced globally for May 2022, with the $69bn acquisition of VMware being the sector’s biggest investment, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 155.9% over the previous month of $34.2bn and a rise of 355.5% when compared with the last 12-month average of $19.21bn.
In terms of number of cloud deals, the sector saw a rise of 3.98% with 340 deals in May 2022 when compared to the last 12-month average of 327 deals.
In value terms, North America led the activity with cloud deals worth $83.37bn in May 2022.
How well do you really know your competitors?
Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.
Your download email will arrive shortly
Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample
We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below formBy GlobalData
Technology industry cloud deals in May 2022: Top deals
The top five cloud deals accounted for 93.3% of the overall value during May 2022.
The combined value of the top five cloud deals stood at $81.68bn, against the overall value of $87.5bn recorded for the month.
The top five Technology industry cloud deals of May 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Broadcom $69bn acquisition deal with VMware
2) The $11bn private equity of Switch by DigitalBridge Group and IFM Investors
3) OMERS Infrastructure Management $665m private equity deal with TPG Telecom
4) The $610m private equity of Bersama Digital Infrastructure Asia by Macquarie Asia Pacific Infrastructure Fund 3 and PSP INVESTMENTS
5) Eldridge and Norwest Venture Partners $400m venture financing deal with Velocity Global