Total technology industry cybersecurity deals worth $9.1bn were announced globally for March 2022, with the $5.4bn acquisition of Mandiant being the sector’s biggest investment, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 185.5% over the previous month of $3.18bn and a rise of 3.2% when compared with the last 12-month average of $8.8bn.
In terms of number of cybersecurity deals, the sector saw a drop of 16.16% with 83 deals in March 2022 when compared to the last 12-month average of 99 deals.
In value terms, North America led the activity with cybersecurity deals worth $8.75bn in March 2022.
technology industry cybersecurity deals in March 2022: Top deals
The top five cybersecurity deals accounted for 89.5% of the overall value during March 2022.
The combined value of the top five cybersecurity deals stood at $8.12bn, against the overall value of $9.1bn recorded for the month.
The top five technology industry cybersecurity deals of March 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Google $5.4bn acquisition deal with Mandiant
2) The $1.38bn private equity of 7.5% stake in Splunk by Hellman & Friedman Capital Partners X
3) Sentinel labs $616.5m acquisition deal with Attivo Networks
4) The $525m private equity of Zimperium by Liberty Strategic Capital
5) Accel,Alkeon Capital,Alta Park Capital,Bessemer Venture Partners,DTCP USA,ICONIQ Capital,Lightspeed Venture Partners – US,Owl Rock Capital,Silver Lake Waterman and Stripes $200m venture financing deal with Axonius
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed artificial intelligence deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.