Total technology industry venture financing deals in Q4 2019 worth $34.43bn were announced globally, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the code below into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 34.6% over the previous quarter and a rise of 14.2% when compared with the last four-quarter average, which stood at $30.3bn.
Comparing deals value in different regions of the globe, Asia-Pacific held the top position, with total announced deals in the period worth $14.3bn. At the country level, the US topped the list in terms of deal value at $13.64bn.
In terms of volumes, North America emerged as the top region for technology industry venture financing deals globally, followed by Asia-Pacific and then Europe.
How well do you really know your competitors?
Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.
Your download email will arrive shortly
Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample
We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below formBy GlobalData
The top country in terms of venture financing deals activity in Q4 2019 was the US with 1047 deals, followed by China with 566 and the UK with 185.
In 2019, as of the end of Q4 2019, technology venture financing deals worth $118.49bn were announced globally, marking a decrease of 4.4% year on year.
Technology industry venture financing deals in Q4 2019: Top deals
The top five technology industry venture financing deals accounted for 24.7% of the overall value during Q4 2019.
The combined value of the top five technology venture financing deals stood at $8.49bn, against the overall value of $34.43bn recorded for the month.
The top five technology industry deals of Q4 2019 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) China Nanshan Development (Group), Haitong Hengxin Leasing, Huaneng Invesco WLR Investment ConsultingLtd., Morgan Stanley Venture Partners, Rosser Capital Partners Management and Urban Development Investment’s $3.7bn venture financing of Tenglong Holding
2) The $3bn venture financing of Beijing Kuaishou Technology by Boyu Capital, Sequoia Capital China, Temasek Holdings (Private), Tencent Holdings and YF Capital
3) investisseurs prives’ $986.82m venture financing of NovaLynx
4) The $400m venture financing of Databricks by Alkeon Capital, Andreessen Horowitz, BlackRock, Coatue Management, Dragoneer Investment Group, Geodesic Capital, Green Bay Ventures, Microsoft, New Enterprise Associates, Tiger Global Management and T Rowe Price Associates
5) Baillie Gifford &, CapitalG, Durable Capital Partners, Fidelity Management & Research, Generation Investment Management, Lone Pine Capital and T Rowe Price Associates’ venture financing of Convoy for $400m.
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.