Asia-Pacific’s technology industry saw a drop of 41.67% in big data deal activity during February 2021, when compared with the last 12-month average, led by Macquarie Infrastructure and Real Assets (MIRA)’s $3.35bn acquisition of Vocus Group, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
A total of 28 technology industry big data deals worth $5.39bn were announced for the region in February 2021, against the 12-month average of 48 deals.
Of all the deal types, venture financing saw most activity in February 2021 with 21 transactions, representing a 75% share for the region.
How well do you really know your competitors?
Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.
Your download email will arrive shortly
Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample
We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below formBy GlobalData
In second place was M&A with six deals, followed by private equity deals with one transactions, respectively capturing a 21.4% and 3.6% share of the overall big data deal activity for the month.
In terms of value of big data deals, M&A was the leading category in Asia-Pacific’s technology industry with $5.11bn, while venture financing and private equity deals totalled $178.81m and $100m, respectively.
Asia-Pacific technology industry big data deals in February 2021: Top deals
The top five technology big data deals accounted for 97.5% of the overall value during February 2021.
The combined value of the top five technology big data deals stood at $5.26bn, against the overall value of $5.39bn recorded for the month.
The top five technology industry big data deals of February 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Macquarie Infrastructure and Real Assets (MIRA)’s $3.35bn acquisition of Vocus Group
2) The $1.73bn acquisition deal with Hyperconnect by Match Group
3) CMB International Capital Management (Shenzhen), Guodiao Hongtai Fund, Joy Capital and NIO Capital’s $100m private equity deal with Newlinks (Beijing) Technology
4) The $46.57m venture financing of Shanghai Gaozhong Information Technology by Qingdao Guoxin Financial Holding, Qingdao Jiaozhou Industrial Fund and Qingdao Urban Construction Investment (Group)
5) Blackbird Ventures, January Capital and King River Capital’s venture financing of Lexer for $26.56m.