Total technology industry venture financing deals in July 2019 worth $882.86m were announced in China, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the code below into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 27.1% over the previous month and a drop of 63.5% when compared with the last 12-month average of $2.42bn.
China held a 13.3% share of the global technology industry venture financing deal value that totalled $6.63bn in July 2019.
In terms of deal activity, China recorded 130 deals during July 2019, marking an increase of 36.8% over the previous month and a rise of 7.4% over the 12-month average.
China technology industry venture financing deals in July 2019: Top deals
The top five technology industry venture financing deals accounted for 47.4% of the overall value during July 2019.
The combined value of the top five technology venture financing deals stood at $418.01m, against the overall value of $882.86m recorded for the month.
The top five technology industry deals of July 2019 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) D1 Capital Partners, GGV Jiyuan Capital and Warburg Pincus’ $150m venture financing of Geek+
2) The $87.17m venture financing of Inspur Cloud Computing by China Construction Bank and Minsheng Bank International
3) Shenzhen Huitou Capital’s $73.5m venture financing of Shenzhen Bainuo Mingjihui Network Technology
The State of Technology This Week
4) The $70.96m venture financing of Jiangsu Runhe Software by National Service Trade Innovation Development Guidance Fund
5) Sinopharm Capital Management and Tencent Holdings’ venture financing of Synyi.AI for $36.39m.
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.
Visit our ‘Technology Deals Dashboard’ for the latest trends in M&A, PE, and VC activity, top deals and advisory league tables in the technology industry.