Total technology industry venture financing deals in Q2 2020 worth $7.63bn were announced in China, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the code below into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 153.4% over the previous quarter and a rise of 27.8% when compared with the last four-quarter average of $6bn.
China held a 27.7% share of the global technology industry venture financing deal value that totalled $27.54bn in Q2 2020.
In terms of deal activity, China recorded 444 deals during Q2 2020, marking a rise of 37.9% over the previous quarter and a rise of 4.5% over the last four-quarter average.
How well do you really know your competitors?
Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.
Your download email will arrive shortly
Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample
We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below formBy GlobalData
China technology industry venture financing deals in Q2 2020: Top deals
The top five technology industry venture financing deals accounted for 28.1% of the overall value during Q2 2020.
The combined value of the top five technology venture financing deals stood at $2.14bn, against the overall value of $7.63bn recorded for the month.
The top five technology industry deals of Q2 2020 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) FountainVest Partners, Qatar Investment Authority, Sequoia Capital China, SoftBank Vision Fund, Tiantu Capital, Tiger Global Management and Xiang He Capital’s $750m venture financing of Zuoyebang
2) The $589.75m venture financing of Shenzhen Huaxing Optoelectronics Technology by TCL Venture Capital
3) Beijing Junlian Capital Management, Haining City Industrial Assets, Haining Juanhu Science and Technology City Development Investment, IDG Capital, Light Source Capital, Riverhead Capital Investment Management, Sunshine Fusion and Lighthouse Capital’s $282.36m venture financing of Beijing ESWIN Technology Group
4) The $266.17m venture financing of BYD (Ningbo) Semiconductor by CICC Capital ManagementLimited, SDIC Innovation Investment Management and Sequoia Capital China
5) China Internet Investment Fund, Guangzhou Nansha Financial Holdings Group, Haier Capital, Industrial and Commercial Bank of China, Shanghai guosheng (group) and Yangtze River Delta Industrial Innovation Fund’s venture financing of CloudWalk Technology for $253.91m.
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.