Total technology industry venture financing deals in September 2019 worth $2.61bn were announced in China, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the code below into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 61.3% over the previous month and a rise of 22.04% when compared with the last 12-month average of $2.14bn.
China held a 24% share of the global technology industry venture financing deal value that totalled $10.89bn in September 2019.
In terms of deal activity, China recorded 151 deals during September 2019, marking an increase of 11.9% over the previous month and a rise of 21.8% over the 12-month average.
How well do you really know your competitors?
Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.
Your download email will arrive shortly
Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample
We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below formBy GlobalData
China technology industry venture financing deals in September 2019: Top deals
The top five technology industry venture financing deals accounted for 53.2% of the overall value during September 2019.
The combined value of the top five technology venture financing deals stood at $1.39bn, against the overall value of $2.61bn recorded for the month.
The top five technology industry deals of September 2019 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Alibaba Group Holding and Yunfeng Capital’s $700m venture financing of NetEase Cloud Music
2) The $224.83m venture financing of Zhongshang Huimin (Beijing) E-commerce by Dachen Venture Capital, Fosun Group and Huaxing Capital
3) 10 Fund, Beijing Jinrui Tongda Technology, IDG Capital, Oriza Holdings, Red Star Macalline Group and Zhang Jinglai’s $210.5m venture financing of Qi An Xin Technology Group
4) The $133.97m venture financing of Beijing Wanlihong Technology by Gree Electric Appliancesof Zhuhai, Xiangcai Securities and Xinhu Zhongbao
5) Tencent Holdings’ venture financing of PeopleSoft Interactive (Beijing) Information Technology for $120m.
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.