China’s technology industry saw a drop of 22.92% in overall artificial intelligence deal activity during November 2021, when compared with the last 12-month average, led by Bosch Rexroth, Cathay Capital (China), General Motors, GGV Jiyuan Capital, IDG Capital, Mercedes-Benz Vans, SAIC Motor, Shunwei Capital Partners, Temasek Holdings (Private), Tencent Holdings, Toyota Motor and YF Capital’s $500m venture financing of Momenta.ai, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
A total of 37 artificial intelligence deals worth $1.8bn were announced in November 2021, compared with the 12-month average of 48 deals.
venture financing was the leading category in the month in terms of volume with 35 deals, which accounted for 94.6% of all artificial intelligence deals.
How well do you really know your competitors?
Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.
Your download email will arrive shortly
Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample
We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below formBy GlobalData
In second place was M&A with two artificial intelligence deals accounting for 5.4% of overall deal activity in the China’s technology industry during the month.
In terms of value of artificial intelligence deals, venture financing was the leading deal category in China’s technology industry with total deals worth $1.75bn, followed by M&A deals totalled $1.81m.
China technology industry artificial intelligence deals in November 2021: Top deals
The top five technology industry artificial intelligence deals accounted for 71.6% of the overall value during November 2021.
The combined value of the top five technology artificial intelligence deals stood at $1.25bn, against the overall value of $1.8bn recorded for the month.
The top five technology industry artificial intelligence deals of November 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Bosch Rexroth,Cathay Capital (China),General Motors,GGV Jiyuan Capital,IDG Capital,Mercedes-Benz Vans,SAIC Motor,Shunwei Capital Partners,Temasek Holdings (Private),Tencent Holdings,Toyota Motor and YF Capital $500m venture financing deal with Momenta.ai
2) The $313m venture financing of Moore Threads by Bohai Zhongsheng,CCB International Holdings,China Merchants Securities,Qianhai FOF,Shanghai guosheng (group) and Source Code Capital
3) BlueRun Ventures,Capital Today,Grand Flight Investment Management,JinYi Capital and SoftBank Vision Fund $187.67m venture financing deal with Shanghai Gaussian Automation Technology Development
4) The $150m venture financing of Hongsheng Information Technology by CMC Capital Partners,DCM Ventures,Goldman Sachs Asset Management,Jingwei Venture Capital (Beijing) Investment Management Consulting,Lavender Hill Capital Partners,Matrix Partners,Source Code Capital,V Fund Management,Yunhui Capital,ZhongWei Capital and ZWC Management
5) Blue Lake Capital,GGV Capital,GL Ventures,GSR Ventures and Tiger Global Management $100m venture financing deal with Beijing Xiruiyasi Technology