Europe’s technology industry saw a drop of 5.95% in cloud deal activity during January 2021, when compared with the last 12-month average, led by Arab Investment Bank S.A.L.’s $11.21bn acquisition of Temenos, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
A total of 79 technology industry cloud deals worth $13.41bn were announced for the region in January 2021, against the 12-month average of 84 deals.
Of all the deal types, M&A saw most activity in January 2021 with 43 transactions, representing a 54.4% share for the region.
How well do you really know your competitors?
Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.
Your download email will arrive shortly
Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample
We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below formBy GlobalData
In second place was venture financing with 28 deals, followed by private equity deals with eight transactions, respectively capturing a 35.4% and 10.1% share of the overall cloud deal activity for the month.
In terms of value of cloud deals, M&A was the leading category in Europe’s technology industry with $12.99bn, followed by venture financing deals totalled $422.01m.
Europe technology industry cloud deals in January 2021: Top deals
The top five technology cloud deals accounted for 98.1% of the overall value during January 2021.
The combined value of the top five technology cloud deals stood at $13.15bn, against the overall value of $13.41bn recorded for the month.
The top five technology industry cloud deals of January 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Arab Investment Bank S.A.L.’s $11.21bn acquisition of Temenos
2) The $1.22bn acquisition deal with Signavio by SAP
3) VTB Bank’s $464.3m acquisition of LLC Data Storage Centre
4) The $135.45m venture financing of Mambu by Acton Capital Partners, Arena Holdings, Bessemer Venture Partners, Runa Capital, TCV and Tiger Global Management
5) Accel, Global Founders Capital, Index Ventures, Lightspeed Ventures, Ltd., Northzone Ventures and Picus Capital’s venture financing of Personio for $125m.