France’s technology industry saw a drop of 25.58% in overall deal activity during January 2021, when compared with the last 12-month average, led by CNP Assurances, EDF Invest and La Banque des Territoires’ $1.63bn acquisition of Orange Concessions, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
A total of 32 deals worth $1.89bn were announced in January 2021, compared with the 12-month average of 43 deals.
venture financing was the leading category in the month in terms of volume with 15 deals, which accounted for 46.9% of all deals.
How well do you really know your competitors?
Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.
Your download email will arrive shortly
Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample
We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below formBy GlobalData
In second place was M&A with 13 deals, followed by private equity with four transactions, respectively accounting for 40.6% and 12.5% of overall deal activity in the France’s technology industry during the month.
In terms of value of deals, M&A was the leading deal category in France’s technology industry with total deals worth $1.66bn, followed by venture financing deals totalled $227.35m.
France technology industry deals in January 2021: Top deals
The top five technology industry deals accounted for 94.2% of the overall value during January 2021.
The combined value of the top five technology deals stood at $1.78bn, against the overall value of $1.89bn recorded for the month.
The top five technology industry deals of January 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) CNP Assurances, EDF Invest and La Banque des Territoires’ $1.63bn acquisition of Orange Concessions
2) The $43m venture financing of iziwork by BPI France and Cathay Innovation Fund
3) Alven Capital Partners, Kerala Ventures and Singular Ventures’ $42.42m venture financing of Georges Tech
4) The $36.44m acquisition deal with Dontnod Entertainment by Tencent Holdings
5) Battery Ventures, Bpifrance Digital Ventures, ETF Partners, NGP Capital and Partech’s venture financing with Shippeo for $32m.