Germany’s technology industry saw a drop of 16.3% in overall deal activity during August 2019, when compared with the last 12-month average, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the code below into your website to display the chart.
A total of 36 deals worth $116.92m were announced in August 2019, compared to the 12-month average of 43 deals.
Venture financing was the leading category in the month in terms of volume with 18 deals which accounted for 50% of all deals.
In second place was M&A with 15 deals, followed by private equity with three transactions, respectively accounting for 41.7% and 8.3% of overall deal activity in the country’s technology industry during the month.
In terms of value of deals, M&A was the leading deal category in Germany’s technology industry with total deals worth $86.77m, followed by venture financing deals worth $30.15m.
Germany technology industry deals in August 2019: Top deals
The top five technology industry deals accounted for 90% of the overall value during August 2019.
The combined value of the top five technology deals stood at $105.22m, against the overall value of $116.92m recorded for the month.
The top five technology industry deals of August 2019 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Oakley Capital and Seven Miles- Management Team’s $30.15m private equity deal with Seven Miles
2) The $22.33m venture financing of Klang Games by Firstminute Capital, LEGO Ventures, Makers Fund, Neoteny, New Life Ventures, Northzone Ventures and Novator Partners
3 Things That Will Change the World Today
3) Bessemer Venture Partners’ $20m venture financing of Choco Communications
4) The $16.74m venture financing of Joblift by btov Partners, Cherry Ventures, DN Capital (UK), Picus Capital, Redline Capital Management and TruVenturo
5) Earlybird Venture Capital GmbH & Co, HV Holtzbrinck Ventures Adviser, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, Redalpine Capital I, SpeedInvest and Xploration Capital’s venture financing of Inkitt and Itai Tsiddon for $16m.
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.
Visit our ‘Technology Deals Dashboard’ for the latest trends in M&A, PE, and VC activity, top deals and advisory league tables in the technology industry.